Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Cardiac Cards....and Ellsworth Road

I have a couple of things to ramble about today!

I wanted to spread some love for the Cardinals. I guess the superstition of it all (and maybe some talent too!) paid off, and they are IN THE SUPERBOWL! It still doesn't even sound right to say it. I think the Steelers are going to be some tough competition, but I am just so proud of the home team for making it so far. And...I'll admit it...I cried when they won on Sunday. What a great game!!!

My second topic is Ellsworth Road....ugh!!!!!! Daniel and I usually take the 202 to Elliot Rd and then to Ellsworth.
  • Complaint #1 - When you get off on Elliot and want to turn onto Ellsworth, you need to be in the right turn lane. This lane is usually pretty backed up. People will drive all the way down in the lane next to the turn lane, and then get over at the last minute. I am the person that speeds up so that person can't cut in. (This is the other side of my personality - ha!).
  • Complaint #2 - The speed limit is 45 on Ellsworth. Okay. . . I often find myself going about 55 or 60. I know it's bad, but I am staying with traffic. My issue is with people who ride the back of your car to try to get you to move over. Even going 10-15 miles over isn't fast enough for them. It drives me crazy!!! I am also one of those people who will try to block someone who is going 75 from passing me.

I think they either need to raise the speed limit on the road, or have cops sit out there and have a field day. It is just insane!!! Just venting...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh. I remember those days of driving, where the day never seems to end. Good luck with that one. Just don't ever drive with mom, she'll want to pull up next to em and start a fight. Ha, ha.
I was shocked when the cardinals won. I didn't cry, but I was in shock. :)